Head of Operations APPLY NOW
About Plant Provisions
Plant Provisions is reimagining the deli in today’s plant-based world. We think there is a third wave of plant-based food that doesn’t just taste great, but is also full of whole ingredients. Our motto is Elevation not Imitation so rather than replicate deli meat, we’re taking it to new heights with flavors like Wild Truffle and Chili Garlic. Our slices are gluten and soy free, don’t contain any gums and use ingredients you can pronounce.
With an initial round of seed financing in place, and distributors and retailers waiting for product, Plant Provisions is poised for growth. Our vision is not just to be a deli slice company, but to be the next big plant-based brand and we have the R&D pipeline to back it up. With the company founder coming from a 40 year heritage of food distributors, we’re able to avoid many of the sales and distribution hurdles facing CPG brands today, with direct connections to buyers at some of the biggest retailers in the country.
About the Role
What your business card will say
Head of Operations
Why you should be interested
As we enter into the next stage of growth, we’re looking for an operations expert to take on a management level role and work alongside the company founder. Given the early stage of the business, this individual would play a key role in the future of the business from both a strategy and team building perspective.
What you’ll do
- Strategy & Planning: Create roadmaps for the execution of the company’s strategic goals and work cross-functionally to achieve these goals.
- Leadership & Team Management: Provide leadership, direction and management of our co-manufacturer 3PL and other operating partners.
- Supplier Management: Manage suppliers and optimize the buyer-supplier relationship and minimize overall supply chain sourcing costs.
- Regulatory Matters: Manage co-packer and operations team to oversee all FDA and other relevant state and federal agency regulatory matters and requirements, including compliance, inquiries, investigations, inspections and complaints.
- Logistics: Design processes and procedures to integrate order processing, inventory planning and management, supply, transportation and distribution and warehousing with the goal of providing a best-in-class level of performance at the lowest possible cost.
What makes you the perfect fit
- A minimum of 5 years of operational experience at a food or beverage company.
- Exceptional planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment where self-direction and initiative are highly encouraged.
- Highly organized, high level of attention to detail, good communicator
- Experience working with co-manufacturers.
- A supporter of the plant-based movement and who is passionate about Food & Beverage and the Consumer Products industry more generally
- Incredibly organized and prone to structure building, but won’t freak out in a frequently changing work environment
- Believer in the power of a good sandwich
Why you’ll want to join us
- Shape and grow an early stage CPG brand
- Build a highly diverse, effective and motivated team environment
- An equity package that rewards early stage involvement
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Vision, Dental
How to get started
Send your resume and a quick note about why the role is right for you to: firstname.lastname@example.org