MESQUITE WAFFLE BREAKFAST SANDWICH with SPICY MAPLE AIOLI
● Plant Provisions Mesquite Slices
● Olive oil
Spicy Maple Aioli:
● 1 cup vegan mayo
● 2 tablespoons maple syrup
● 2 tablespoons sriracha, or to taste
● Pinch of salt
● Pinch of red pepper flakes
Fluffy Vegan Waffles:
● 2 cups all purpose flour
● 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
● 1 tablespoon baking powder
● 1 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk, of choice
● 1/4 cup avocado oil
● Pinch of salt and cinnamon
- Make the Spicy Maple Aioli -
Add all maple aioli ingredients to a small bowl and mix. Adjust by adding more sriracha, salt, maple syrup, or chili flakes based on preference.
- Make the Vegan Waffles -
1. Preheat the waffle maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all waffle ingredients and mix well, until most of the flour lumps are gone.
3. Spray waffle plate with oil and scoop 1/2 cup of batter and pour into the center of the waffle plate. Cover and cook as directed by the manufacturer’s instructions. For crispier waffles, let cook 10 seconds longer.
4. Gently remove with the tip of a fork and and continue cooking with the remaining batter.
- Build your Waffle Sandwiches -
Add a thick swipe of maple aioli to one waffle. Top with heaps of Plant Provisions Mesquite Slices and a handful of arugula. Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt and top with another waffle. Repeat with the remaining waffles and ingredients.