NEW ENGLAND SMOKEHOUSE BUNS
● Buns, of choice
● Plant Provisions Smokehouse Slices
● 3 pickling cucumbers , sliced into thin rounds
● 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
● 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
● 1/2 cup filtered water
● 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
● 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
● 1 teaspoon sugar
● 8 ounces of a bagged broccoli slaw mix
● 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
● 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
● 3 tablespoons olive oil
● 2 tablespoons lime juice
● 1 teaspoon maple syrup
● 1/4 teaspoon cumin and garlic powder
● Salt and black pepper, to taste
● 1 cup avocado oil
● 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk - this helps to emulsify well
● 1 tablespoon olive oil
● 1/2 teaspoon salt
● 2 teaspoons white vinegar
● 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Make the spicy pickles the night before -
1. Add smashed garlic to the bottom of a pint sized glass jar and pack the cucumbers into the jar on top of the garlic. Sprinkle the chili flakes into the jar.
2. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine water, vinegar, salt, and sugar. heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved, then pour the brine over the cucumbers until they are just
3. Let it sit uncovered for 10-15 minutes, until the jar is just slightly warm to the touch and then screw the lid on and place in the fridge for 12 hours before serving.
- Make the cilantro slaw -
To a medium sized mixing bowl, add all slaw ingredients, and mix until well combined.
- Make the vegan mayo -
Add all mayo ingredients to a tall jar and use an immersion (handheld) blender to emulsify into a mayo.
- Build your sandwich -
Toast your buns to your liking. Split in half and slather one side of the bun with a swipe of mayo and then lay on a handful of Plant Provisions Smokehouse Slices. Layer on a handful of cilantro slaw and then as many spicy pickles as you like! Repeat with the remaining buns and ingredients.