PLANT PROVISION SMOKED SKILLET
● 3 TBSP olive oil
● 1 Plant Provisions Smoked Sweet Potato Sausage per person
● 1 lb of fingerling potatoes, halved
● 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into chunks
● 1 large yellow onion, cut into chunks
● ⅓ cup of vegetable broth
● Crushed red pepper flakes
● Salt and pepper to taste
1. Sear the sausages. In a large cast iron pan, sear the sausages in 2 TBSP of olive oil until browned on each side, about 2 minutes per side. Set aside on a plate.
2. Cook the potatoes. In the same cast iron skillet, sear the potatoes open side-down until browned and fragrant. Set aside with the sausages.
3. Cook the vegetables. Add the yellow peppers and onions to the skillet and cook until slightly browned and softened. Add the potatoes and sausages back into the skillet, then add the broth and turn the heat up slightly. Cover, then cook for 5-10 minutes.
4. Season and serve. Season the skillet with crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper to taste.