Tomato Soup & Plant Provisions Sandwiches
● Olive oil
● 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
● 1 white onion, chopped
● 1 25 oz can of San Marzano whole peeled tomatoes
● 2 cups of vegetable broth
● Red pepper flakes, to taste
● Salt and pepper, to taste
● Lime wedge, for serving
● Cilantro, for serving
● French rolls, sliced in half
● Vegan provolone cheese
● Plant Provisions Chipotle Chili Slices
● Fresh cabbage, shredded
1. Make your tomato soup. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and the garlic, and cook over medium heat until softened and fragrant. Pour the juices from the tomatoes into the pot, then use your hands to carefully crush whole tomatoes into pot. Add vegetable broth, then bring mixture to a boil before turning off the heat. Transfer to a blender or use an immersion blender to blend soup until smooth. You may need to add more vegetable broth depending on how juicy your tomatoes are. Season with red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to taste.
2. Make your sandwiches. Preheat oven to broil. Fold the vegan provolone on top of half of the rolls, then place rolls on a sheet tray. Broil briefly to melt the cheese. Top the melted cheese with cabbage slaw and cilantro, then fold Plant Provisions Chipotle Chili on top. Top with other half of roll, then set aside.
3. Serve the ultimate dippers. Serve the tomato soup with fresh cilantro and lime wedges as a garnish. Dip your sandwiches into your soup for a match made in heaven!