GARLIC TUSCAN BUNS
● 4 cups or 480 grams all purpose flour
● 2 tablespoons or 25 grams granulated sugar
● 1 package or 8 grams rapid rise yeast
● 1 1/2 teaspoons or 9 grams salt
● 1 1/2 teaspoons or 6 grams garlic powder
● 3/4 cups or 185 grams filtered water
● 1/2 cup or 125 grams unsweetened non-dairy milk, of choice
● 8 tablespoons or 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted - divided
● 4 garlic cloves, minced
● 2-3 cups vegan cheese shreds, of choice
● Plant Provisions Tuscan Slices
● Fresh Parsley
- Make the pizza dough -
1. In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, yeast, salt, and garlic powder.
2. In a saucepan over low heat, melt 4 tablespoons of vegan butter. Add the non-dairy milk, and water and bring it to around 115-120F.
3. Make a well in the middle of your dry ingredients and pour the wet into the well. Slowly incorporate the dry into the wet with your hands or wooden spoon until you make a shaggy dough.
4. Transfer the dough to a clean, lightly floured surface, and knead for 5 minutes, or until the dough becomes slightly elastic and smooth.
5. Lightly grease your dirty bowl and place the dough back into the bowl and cover with a clean dish towel and let rest at room temperature for 20-25 minutes.
6. Grease a large 13 x 9” baking dish with vegan butter and set aside to to make your filling.
- Build the filling -
1. To make your filling: Heat the remaining 4 tablespoons of vegan butter over low heat until melted and add minced garlic. Allow it to cook for 1-2 minutes until it becomes very
fragrant. Add a pinch of salt and remove from the heat.
2. Roll the dough out to a 12 x 18” rectangle, making sure the 18” side is facing you.
3. Drizzle the melted garlic butter all over the dough and use a brush to evenly spread it. Then add your cheese evenly over the dough and Plant Provisions Tuscan Slices until the majority of the dough is covered.
4. Roll the dough up as tight as possible.
5. Using a sharp knife, cut the Tuscan rolls into 12 equal sized pieces and place into the greased baking dish.
6. Brush each top with melted butter (optional) and sprinkle with leftover cheese and chopped parsley.
7. Cover with a dish towel and let rise for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until doubled in size.
8. Preheat the oven to 350F.
9. Bake the rolls for 23-25 minutes, or until they are just golden brown.